Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fa La La La Follie Check

Well, today was was the day. The day thatt I awoke to rush to the RE's office to see for the first time my plethora of wonderful, fat, maturing follicles. So I thought anyway.

I was slightly disappointed to go in today and find out that I have one antral follicle on the right ovary which is currently 33mm. I have one smaller one on the left ovary at 21mm but the RE doesn't think that one will "catch up" to the other.

150mg of Clomid and I managed to produce 1 follicle. Ugh.

We do have a tentative trigger date, this Saturday December 18th. The ironic and maybe portentous part is that I would actually ovulate and possibly conceive on my brother's birthday, which is December 19th. Fate maybe??

I am happy to report that my husband and I seemed to have turned over a new marital leaf. Our love life is much improved (due in part to a far less demanding intercourse schedule teehee) and he is so much more supportive and into this cycle than any in recent memory. We have also discussed a new way to budget and grocery shop that we are hoping will allow for a little more leeway monetarily speaking.

All in all it's been a good week. No major fights or blowouts. No illness. My son is his usual rambunctious 2 year old self.

I try to remind myself that this cycle is different. We are being monitored, we are getting the trigger, doing timed intercourse. It is a lot more of a controlled, precise cycle.

I just have to have faith. This is a month of miracles, whether it be a divine birth, a light burning longer than anyone expected or a time when the entire world is at peace for one night. Maybe this will be the month for my miracle.

Hope is a fragile, hollow thing. It takes flight on gossamer wings and floats away just out of sight; but it is always there. Lurking, watching, making you try just one more time.


"By seeing the seed of failure in every success we remain humble. By seeing the seed of success in every failure we remain hopeful."

No comments:

Post a Comment